Lawyers Who Are On Your Side

Lawyers Who Are On Your Side

The Benefits Of A Green Card

The only path to permanent legal resident status in the U.S. is through the green card application process. The green card, also known as a Permanent Resident card, allows you to live and work in the U.S. It also gives you the status to sponsor family members to emigrate to the U.S. through family-based visas. As a green card holder, you are required to follow the laws of the United States, file tax returns and register for Selective Service if you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25.

Although some green cards are valid for a lifetime, most expire after 10 years. You can file an application for naturalization after five years if you are single. If you are married, you must wait only three years after getting a green card to apply for naturalization.

Helping Families Get Green Cards

At Amicangelo & Theisen, we take great pride in helping bring families together. We regularly help clients file I-130, Petition for Alien Relative forms. Filing an I-130 petition is the first step in bringing a relative to the U.S. Once the petition is approved, your relative can apply to become a U.S. citizen. We can guide you and your relative through the entire process and stay by your side every step of the way.

Contact The Green Card Attorneys At Amicangelo & Theisen

For guidance in the green card application process, contact us today by calling 814-841-4044 or filling out our online contact form. At our firm, you will work directly with your attorney, not a paralegal or other member of the staff. This ensures that you know who is advocating for you and we know the impact of the case on your life.